6 Natural Products: To Help Rid the Elbows & Knees of Dark Spots.
Take an orange and cut it into two halves. Then rub the orange on your elbows or knees. It will help to soften the rough areas and the smell of citrus is always a bonus. Rinse off the residue and you are all done.
2. Coconut Oil
“Coconut Oil is good for everything”, wise words from my grandmother. Coconut oil contains Vitamin E which helps with keeping moisture while repairing damage/darken skin areas.
- After showering, apply the coconut oil to knees and elbows with a gentle massage. Reapply once or twice a day to the dry area.
- Another alternative method would be to mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. After letting it sit for 20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and apply moisturizing lotion.
Once daily for a few weeks following either methods and you will see a difference.
Lemon has been linked to having natural bleaching properties along with its exfoliating skills. The Vitamin C helps to remove dead skin cells therefore brighten up the applied area of the skin.
- The lemon juice can be applied directly to the skin. Then massage for a few minutes then let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer lotion.
- Add a tablespoon of honey with a juice lemon for additional benefits. Honey has properties known to help revitalize the skin.
This method can be used daily for several weeks. Do note that one should avoid sun exposure for up to three hours after apply the lemon juice.
The granulate in sugar exfoliates skin by removing the dead skin cells and soften the skin. A sugar scrub is perfect for the job and easy to make.
- Mix equal parts of olive oil with sugar into a paste.
- Apply by rubbing in a circular motion for up to 5 minutes.
- Rinse with a gentle soap and lukewarm water.
- Repeat once daily for a few weeks or until the problem area is lighten.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera naturally lightens the skin while keeping it hydrated and moisturize. It can help with repairing damages to the skin cells that was cause by the sun. Aloe Vera also aids with even looking skin tone.
- Break over the aloe vera leaf and remove the flesh.
- Then apply it directly to the skin area.
- Wait about 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda can be used a gentle cleansers. Which makes it perfect for treating dark spots on the elbows or knees.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of water/or almond milk with 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a paste.
- Apply to the area for a few minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse and then pat the area dry.
- Repeat every other day until the results are achieved.
Source Credit: Top10homeremedies.com